[Asterisk-Dev] SIP codes/behaviors

Mark Willis markslists at marky.nu
Mon Aug 22 14:21:26 MST 2005

I have two SIP issues. In one case we're dealing with Level3, who always
require a 100 Trying in response to an INVITE. Problem is this is for an
unprovisioned number. So I want to send a 100 then a 404. I can't find a
way to do this, since asterisk just sends the 404. If there was an
NotFound application I could just call that and asterisk would send the
100 followed by a 404 in the NotFound app.

In the second case, we're terminating calls. If we run out of lines the
customer wants a SIP 603, rather than the 503 asterisk sends on
Congestion().

I could solve both of these by writing my own applications, but I don't
want to do that. I could, but I'd just rather find another way.

So, is there a way to send an arbitrary SIP code? Or should I just write
some apps?

Mark