[Asterisk-Dev] Help IP phone project

mirza sahib wasim at convergence.com.pk
Sun Aug 21 22:12:05 MST 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Prakash N wrote:

> Iam Prakash doing my project in Design and development of Low cost
> IP-Phone. Iam planning to use single channel IP phone with minimal
> features.

As some one who went down a similar road a year (or is it two now) back
and learnt a hell of a lot, but didn't get to the final line very well
(crawling, panting, with bloody knees wasn't the objective) ... I'd also
recommend you try the PA168 chipset which has its source available ...

Asterisk, the PBX, on a teeny RISC won't really help you with a phone,
since * beauty is in its multi-functionality, switching, codec/protocol
translation, call handling and interfacing to other apps on a *NIX box ...
none of which you really require on a phone ... what you need is a stable,
tested and reliable IAX or SIP stack, like others have mentioned on this
list ... good luck

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92(300)8508070
GnuPG  fingerprint = F3B5 2B00 F502 51FE 53E3  9607 5257 77B8 AA0D 4AD0