[Asterisk-Dev] SIP channels not cleared

Chee Foong cheefoong at ip-vox.com
Thu Aug 18 23:17:55 MST 2005

Hello,

I have tested with the vendor, they send a CANCEL instead of BYE. Another
problem came out:

When the other end send CANCEL, asterisk response with "487 Request
Terminated" then a "200 OK" for the CANCEL.
The problem now is the other end expect "200 OK" first then "487 Request
Terminated". This make asterisk retransmit the "487 Request Terminated"
because it did not get an ACK. The second "487 Request Terminated" that
asterisk sent got an ACK back from the other end. Call terminated, but again
sip channels stays not cleared.

I have been scratching my head for the past 2 weeks, trying to figure out
who is actually sending the wrong stuff.

Thank you all for the replies.

Chee Foong