[Asterisk-Dev] SIP channels not cleared

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 18 22:06:42 MST 2005

Chee Foong wrote:
> OK, I under stand.
> So, can this be considered a bug in asterisk?
> Since it knows how to response to a BYE, it should also know it's time to
> clear the channel.

The real fault here is that the other end issues a BYE when we have no
session set up by
INVITE/200 OK/ACK - to cancel a pending INVITE you use CANCEL, not BYE.
That is a bug, please ask your vendor to look up CANCEL in the SIP rfc.

And yes, we should be able to handle faulty devices better, but will
concentrate our energy on being able to improve the way we handle
devices that actually support basic SIP according to the standard. ;-)

/Olle