[Asterisk-Dev] SIP channels not cleared

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Aug 18 20:09:31 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Chee Foong wrote:
>
>> I have check with the other end's provider. They insists that asterisk
>> should be able to accept BYE at any stage in the sip message
>> exchange. Is
>> this really true?
>

> No, that is not true. BYE is only allowed for a session that was
> started with an INVITE and accepted with a '200 OK'. If the INVITE has
> not been OK'd, then a 4xx or 5xx failure response must be sent to
> cancel the pending INVITE, not BYE.

Ronald Wiplinger  (CEO of ELMIT)
http://www.elmit.com  http://voip.elmit.com  http://e-paper.elmit.com
Tel. (M) +886.939.775.516  (O) +886.2.2835.7765 (ENUM)   or FWD 511208
- I'm a SpamCon Foundation Member, #694, Verify it at http://www.spamcon.org

PS: Spam prevention!
Our system is protected with a spam prevention program.
If you send us an e-mail, our system will send you a confirmation message back. Just reply to this confirmation message please.
After receiving this confirmation message, our system will send the hold message (one) and all future messages (after the received confirmation message) to me without asking you again.