[Asterisk-Dev] SIP channels not cleared

Chee Foong cheefoong at ip-vox.com
Thu Aug 18 19:26:41 MST 2005

Hello,

I also found out that asterisk does not clear up the channel if it recieve a
BYE message when the call is not connected. Which means at any stages from
the INVITE to Ringing. For example, if the other end send Ringing to
asterisk, after a short while it send a BYE for some reason to terminate the
call to asterisk, asterisk response an OK. But asterisk just does not clear
the SIP channel, it still show in "sip show channels".

However there is no problem for asterisk to receive a BYE if the call is
answered at the other end.

I have check with the other end's provider. They insists that asterisk
should be able to accept BYE at any stage in the sip message exchange. Is
this really true?

Please help :)
Currently I have 2500++ sip channels hanging and increasing.

Thanks

CCF