[Asterisk-Dev] FXI PCI Master Abort (give up?)

Mark Burton mark at helenandmark.org
Thu Aug 18 06:59:23 MST 2005

The patch I made did have an marked improvement on one machine.
However, I have now tried it on another VERY different machine, and on
that, it makes very little difference.
(one was a HP Vectra, about 2000 vintage, the other a newer ASUS
"bare-bones" machine...)
	In this case, the IRQ SEEMS to be generated from a different card
!!!!!!! Surely not! And of course the other device driver gets a little
upset about that!
		So, debugging it is going to be a nightmare

So, in summary, the patch to better handle PCI Master Aborts might make
your life easier, if you wish to pick this baton up and continue, as it
MIGHT keep your machine alive long enough to debug the problem, but it
seems like your milage will vary.

Meanwhile, if you need a FXO card for a machine, there seems to be
plenty of people who have them working, I'm not among them, and I guess
net wisdom is to buy a truck load of assorted cards till you find one
that works for you -- gee nice! - and dont expect it to work on any
other machine, or operating system, or day of the week...

	:-(

What was wrong with a bit of string and two yoghurt pots anyway!

Cheers

Mark.