[Asterisk-Dev] Possible res_config Bounty / Contract

Nathan Alberti na at nathanalberti.com
Mon Aug 15 11:29:51 MST 2005

I am looking for an enhanced version of res_config to support my
environment.

I am looking to store config files in MySQL and have them reloaded on
request buy the * server. I understand this is already possible with
later versions of * and I have it working correctly with CVS-HEAD.

My environment however is that the database is centralized and I intend
the * servers to be located at customer premises, The customers will
have an interface to login and modify their configuration and update
their site. This way it can suit both customers with on site boxes or
centric style services.

The problem is I do not wish the connection back to the central database
(which potentially could be over the public Internet) to be a raw MySQL
connection, I would prefer to see something better suited to the
application (XML ??). I though about using res_perl (which I'm sure
would work), but the boxes are intended to be as lite as possible on
embedded hardware so I think there will be better options with some
slight work.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Anyone interested in a contract/bounty for the development of such an
application ?

Regards,

Nathan.