[Asterisk-Dev] Henning G. Schulzrinne quote on IAX2 from von magazine

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Aug 13 20:57:44 MST 2005

John Todd wrote:

> At 6:40 PM +0200 on 8/13/05, Andreas Sikkema wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 12:44 +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
>>
>>>  He doesn't seem to really understand the strengths and weaknesses of
>>>  IAX. IAX has drawbacks, but none of the problems he lists actually
>>> exist.
>>

>> OK, I'll bite ;-)
>>
>> How would IAX2 solve trombones?
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Sikkema
>

> I hereby kill this thread and take it to the -users list.  This has no
> developer content, and this thread should stop here.  Read my reply on
> the asterisk-users list.

So, you want to preach instead of discuss. Most of us won't look at the
users list because of its dismal signal to noise ratio. Dicussing
protocols and platforms seems like a development issue to the rest of us.

I did take a look at your message on the users list. It seems long but
content free.

Regards,
Steve