[Asterisk-Dev] Re: FXO PCI Master abort

Mark Burton mark at helenandmark.org
Sat Aug 13 10:26:48 MST 2005

> Have you posted a reveresed patch on purpose?

yeah, sorry, I missed that too... it's a trivial patch (legally
speaking too), so I wont re-send it (especially since my message seemed
to go out 4 times, even though I only sent it once, sorry for that
too!)

> I also rather have patches attached, to avoid stupid white-space
> issues. Sorry, nothing smarter to say.

I was hoping that it was so trivial people would be able to inspect it
and see what I was doing, and comment on whether it was a valid thing
to do.

> But from the description of the problem it does sound like Zaptel fails
> to handel fairly a slightly broken hardware, right?

Certainly Zaptel fails. Whether it is broken hardware, or a broken
"software environment", I'm not yet sure. It fails in the same way on
two VERY different machines, and with 2 different cards, so it's not
"broken hardware" as in a defective board, but it might be "broken" as
in not quite how zaptel currently expects H/W to look.

As I say, I can not believe that other people aren't hitting the same
problem, previous complaints about this problem on this list seem to
have gone unanswered.. so I think it's about time we got to the bottom
of it!

I know nothing about how these cards are supposed to work (in terms of
the device driver), so I'm going to be fishing in the dark, any help
much appreciated :-)

Cheers

Mark.