[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk with "-p" switch

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Fri Aug 12 21:39:47 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 22:21 -0500, Brian West wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2005, at 9:23 PM, Joseph wrote:
>
> > I've been using Asterisk NVBackgroundDetect successfully for most of
> > the
> >
> > time but there are many times that I get an error:
> >
> > COMREC invalid response received
> >

> You forgot to mention what hardware your working on here.... if its a
> TDM board give up now.
>

> /b

I'm using two Sipura SPA-3000 units.
Computer has enough Horse-Power, AMD 1800MHz with 1GB of RAM
The units working just fine; but I think it has something to do with
timing response confirming faxed received.
Since Linux is not RTOS, the process sometime doesn't get enough time to
respond, or respond too late.  That is why I was trying to play with the
"-p" switch too see if it makes any difference.

But I would like to get some kind of confirmation that the "-p" switch
is working.
Though, I run onto some posting that the only way to do it so to run
some process (script) test that prints some output to the screen, let
say ever 0.5sec. or 1sec. with time-stamp print and to so heavy
computing (compiling etc).  If it is working the output to the screen
should be effected much.

--
#Joseph