[Asterisk-Dev] Re: adding SIPFROMUSER and SIPFROMDOMAIN variables / pbx_builtin_getvar_helper problem

Günther Starnberger gst at sysfrog.org
Thu Aug 11 14:18:26 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Why not set the caller id or use the existing fromuser= and
> fromdomain= settings?

With the callerid I can only set the name but not the URI. When a SIP
Client displays the full 'From' field it still displays "Some Name
<asterisk at some-ip>".

We can't use 'fromuser' and 'fromdomain' either as we can only set them
on a per peer basis. All our users are registered on OpenSER instead of
Asterisk - so this won't work. While it would be trivial to modify
Asterisk to use fromuser and fromdomain for our own users there is still
the case that a user from another provider calls one of our users (who
obviously can't be set as a peer beforehand).

bye,
/gst