[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 11:14:30 MST 2005

>>>Hear hear. I expect many MySQL users will be running the default
>>>MyISAM table type, which does not support:
>>>
>>>- row level locking (!)
>>>- transactions
>>>- stored procs
>>>

>>it also lacks

>>- subqueries (4.0)
>>- type checking
>>- brains
>>

>- Master-Master replication that doesn't corrupt your tables

MySQL is great if you read the manual and use it the way it's meant to
be used.

People can go out and buy a car and if they don't use it properly they
get themselves in a lot of trouble.  It's not practical to make a
perfect, idiot proof car (not that I would want to drive one anyway),
why should we expect open source databases to be perfect and suitable
for all usage scenarios?