[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Aug 6 13:02:11 MST 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 15:45, snacktime wrote:
> For realtime I agree, but there is also realtime static.  *IF*
> asterisk handled database failures correctly, then realtime static
> would give you the benefits of being able to store data directly in a
> database without having to pull the data and create static files.  As
> it is if your database isn't reachable and you try to reload, you lose
> your realtime static configuration.

Meh; there are better solutions already that don't involve tying the PBX to
the DB but they're not pushed because it's not as "cool."

I think Michael Giagno's post described a pretty much perfect system.  No
direct interaction with the DB and PBX, therefore no issues with DoS through
a bazillion reloads at once and other possible nasties.

-A.