[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 12:45:15 MST 2005

> > And if RT could use postgres.....
>
> RT Can use postgres with ODBC, IIRC.
>
> And again we're hitting the exact scenario I'm saying that MySQL can't handle
> nicely -- dozens (in your case 300+) of concurrent connections all hitting
> the same set of tables.
>
> You can do this without tying the DB to the PBX.  Use the DB to create the
> static files and every 5 to 15 minutes do an extensions reload or whatever
> reload (iax2, sip, whatever) to reload the parts that changed.  It's trivial,
> it's FAR more robust, and you can use whatever the hell DB and integration
> system you want WITHOUT screwing with the PBX!

For realtime I agree, but there is also realtime static.  *IF*
asterisk handled database failures correctly, then realtime static
would give you the benefits of being able to store data directly in a
database without having to pull the data and create static files.  As
it is if your database isn't reachable and you try to reload, you lose
your realtime static configuration.