[Asterisk-Dev] Today's Complie on Fresh System

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 3 12:24:21 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

> This is just the tip of the errors I got on cvs pull as of 9AM Central.

Exactly where do you see the word 'error' in any of that output?
Ignoring for the moment that this 'problem' report should have gone to
asterisk-users instead of asterisk-dev, a simple search for 'signedness'
in the list archives would show you that these _warnings_ are generated
when compiles are done using GCC 4.x, and do not indicate any particular
problem with the code.

Some day, when we have little else to do, we'll get these warnings to go
away; for now, they are pointless annoyances :-)