[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk High availability

Sergio Serrano sergio.serrano at avanzada7.com
Mon Aug 1 08:39:41 MST 2005

Hi Srs.,
    I know that this theme is not first time in this list, but I can't
never see something enough good for little company. I'm going to start
to develop a low cost high availability system for asterisk with next
scenario:

    two machines(one master and other slave) These two machines are
connected to the same ISDN PRI connector.

When master starts load zaptel modules, starts Asterisk and FailOver
system. This Failover system consist of one directory backup system like
rsync, one Database replication system like MySQL Repplication System,
and Asterisk failOver System(the system I try to develop).

Master has a fixed IP and slave has a fixed IP. Both machines could
configure Service IP. When master starts go up Service IP and the
Asterisk failover system checks his own IP and Service IP, it also check
that slave it's OK. The slave checks Service IP and Master and slave IP.
The check process for asterisk it could be the next:

    check that you have network with ping tool. If you have network,
check that all modules are OK, and that Asterisk it's OK.

The system I try to develop it something like this, but I want to know
if these process it's possible to develop with heartbeat(linux-HA) and
any Telephony API, or I must develop complete system.

If anyone want participate in this project I would be pleasant. Now I
have a perl failover system develop by a friend, but it fail and I would
like to develop in C language.

Any comments will be appreciated.

regards,

srsergio