[Asterisk-Dev] End of * compile msg?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Apr 30 06:03:31 MST 2005

> > Your Asterisk modules directory, located at
> >  /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
> >  contains modules that were not installed by this
> >  version of Asterisk. Please ensure that these
> >  modules are compatible with this version before
> >  attempting to run Asterisk.
> >     app_adsiprog.so
> >     app_alarmreceiver.so
> >     app_authenticate.so
> >     app_cdr.so
> >     (etc....)
>
> That message should only appear if there are modules in the destination
> directory that are not present in the build tree. If you are seeing the
> message when they modules match, something is badly wrong.
>
> Can you add some debugging to Makefile and run it for me? Something like:
>
> tester:
> 	@echo --NEW--
> 	@echo $(NEWMODS)
> 	@echo --OLD--
> 	@echo $(OLDMODS)
>
> Then run "make tester" and see what the result is.

Looks like the current logic is a little backwards. The directory contains:
 79643 Apr 13 10:43 app_rxfax.so
 74805 Apr 13 10:43 app_txfax.so
 281470 Mar 22  2004 codec_g729b.so

which obviously were not part of the most recent 'make install'. Guess
I wasn't expecting a long list of what got installed when there was
three exceptions instead. The current logic implies something amiss
with the modules that were listed as opposed to what _wasn't_ listed.