[Asterisk-Dev] Questions/Help

Wasif Khan wasifkhan007 at msn.com
Fri Apr 29 20:38:26 MST 2005

Hi,

I am new to Asterisk and am trying to learn.  I have few very basic
questions and I look forward to your expert guidiance.

1. Which version of Linux OS is recommended for Asterisk deployment (eg. Red
Hat, SUSE etc..)
2. What kind of hardware is recommended for stable Asterisk deployment (eg.
Is there any formula? for example min. hardware requirement.  xx Memory for
each Extension, xx CPU speed, Hard Drive etc..)
3. Is Asterisk suitable for corporate environment with 40 - 80 employees in
two different locations.
4. What kind of LAN/WAN connectivity is recommended (eg. DSL, Cable, T1).
5. What SIP devices are recommended (Polycomm, Sipura etc..).
6. What SIP providers are recommended, if any (eg. broadvoice, Vonage
etc..).
7. Which hardware is recommend for analog lines (Digium, Generic, etc..).
8. Is there a guide that provide step by step installation for Asterisk.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
WK