[Asterisk-Dev] Dev Meeting list

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 29 13:17:24 MST 2005

On April 29, 2005 02:40 pm, Matthew Boehm wrote:
>     I would remove ${DIALSTATUS} and ${HANGUPCAUSE} all togehter and merge
> them into ${RES}.

Well DIALSTATUS and HANGUPCAUSE are two different things, and RES should only
be numeric IMO, or perhaps have RES and an optional RES_TXT?

> >> If the asterisk manager doesn't throw in a jump for a particular
> >> result code, there needs to be some sort of 'catch all'.
>
>     For instance, lets say MyApp() can possibly return 10 different ${RES}
> results. But I as the dial plan programmer only check for 2 of these
> results, I need to be able to say "any other ${RES}, do this.." instead of
> checking for each.

well that can be done without a catchall:

exten => X,n,GotoIf($[${RES} == 0],good);
exten => X,n,GotoIf($[${RES} == 1],notgoodbutokay);
exten => X,n,NoOp(all others will end up here)

-A.