[Asterisk-Dev] Proposed patch.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Apr 29 13:09:29 MST 2005

Brian West wrote:

> Are you be sarcastic or truthful?  haha  Because we do this in  frame.c
> already.  Plus its a one time hit on load/reload.

A one time hit? You are calling getenv() every time you see that pattern
during a configuration load. In frame.c, it happens only if the user
types that special command.

Granted, it's not going to affect call handling performance, but it
would still be better to just check it once during the load (since it
can't change while Asterisk is still running) and then reference an int
variable with the value set appropriately.