[Asterisk-Dev] Segmentation fault with chan_vpb when no 'Answer' in extensions.conf

M. Alhashash asterisk-dev-56 at alhashash.net
Fri Apr 29 08:08:54 MST 2005

Greetings,

I had a lot of problems with chan_vpb with Asterisk 1.0.x. So I switched
the the CVS version based on VoiceTronix advice in their website. but I got
a new problem.

If I do not issue 'Answer' application in dial plan, during the agi script,
Asterisk assume a new incoming call for EVERY incoming ring and tries to
spawn new call on the same channel. Then, Asterisk exits with segmentation
fault.

If I add 'Answer' step in the dial plan, the call works fine. But I need to
delay the answer after the agi script checks the database for some
information before answering.

The same plan/application works fine with SIP phones and CAPI (AVM Fritz)
without the Answer step.

I use Asterisk cvs (up to April 29) I'm using Voicetronix v4pci. with the
following dial plan:

exten => s,1,Wait,5		;wait for cid collection
exten => s,2,Answer		;added to prevent segmentation fault with chan_vpb
exten => s,3,AGI(moder.py)
exten => s,4,Hangup

thanks,

Mohammad