[Asterisk-Dev] Dev Meeting list

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 28 20:03:37 MST 2005

On April 28, 2005 10:53 pm, Philip Warner wrote:
> At 06:10 AM 29/04/2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> >While we're talking about dialplan, any input on having _. *NOT* trap
> >oshait?
> >i.e. _. only matches "normal" extensions and not the special ones?
>
> Would it be better to have an excluded pattern? Something like:
>
>      _.!h!s!t

I don't know...  I don't have a problem with it since I don't ever use _. --
I'm just looking to make the dialplan not only consistent but half-assed
intuitive.  I mean _X. will match any numeric extension just fine, but with
SIP and IAX it's entirely possible to use

exten => _foo.,1,blah...

and match foo, foobar, foo123, etc.  I am still wracking my brain trying to
think of a situation where you'd have to trap the special extensions and I
just can't think of one, and having _. simply not match them would go a long
way to help people who feel they must use _..

-A.