[Asterisk-Dev] Queues observations

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 28 10:24:36 MST 2005

Stephan A. Edelman wrote:

> I don't believe that will work. I can't use Queue() with a zero timeout
> to test for agent availability. What happens if there are agents
> available, then the caller is connected to an agent without the
> opportunity to ask for their customer care no.

OK, yes, understood. You can continue to use your custom app for now,
maybe we'll come up with something 'official' down the road. I could
envision something like Dial's "macro" argument, where you could ask the
Queue app to run a macro on the caller's channel before putting them
into the queue, but only if it's actually going to put them into the queue.