[Asterisk-Dev] Queues observations

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Apr 27 21:40:32 MST 2005

Stephan A. Edelman wrote:

> This causes the caller to immediately hear "nobody is avail..." and
> dumps to voicemail. I'm not wasting the caller's time with superfluous
> instructions that don't apply at that moment.

Well, I think a better way to do this might be to put those
announcements into a single recording and have the queue app play them
(only one time) when the caller enters the queue.

Alternatively, you can try calling the Queue app with a zero timeout,
which should make it return immediately even if there are agents
available. However, keep in mind that this not an 'atomic' operation; if
you do that (or even use your custom app) and it tells you that there
are agents in the queue, that's no guarantee that they will be there 5
seconds later after you have played your announcements.