[Asterisk-Dev] iax protocol seqnos

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Wed Apr 27 15:59:39 MST 2005

Hi,
 I would like to clarify the use of  sequence numbers for ack
packets in the iax2 spec.

When a full frame is received (that requires an ACK frame in response)

 an ack frame is generated. The oseqno of the ackframe, and the timestamp
of the ackframe are generated differently to those of other fullframes.

The oseqno of the outgoing ack frame is equal to the
  iseqno of the frame being acknowledged.

The timetstamp of the outgoing ack frame is equal to the
  timestamp of the frame being acknowledged.

I think the spec should explicitly state these things.

I have not (yet) done the analysis of lagrp, pong, regack packets to see
if they are the same as ACK frames.

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.