[Asterisk-Dev] Queues observations

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 27 08:34:54 MST 2005

On April 27, 2005 10:59 am, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> That is not necessary at all. You send the caller into the queue, if
> they return from it, it's because they could not be connected to an
> agent for some reason. The QUEUESTATUS variable will tell you why, and
> depending on the options you have set that may have been caused by a
> timeout, a lack of agents logged in, a lack of agents "available", etc.
>
> In other words, you can already accomplish what you want without adding
> a new application.

Totally unrelated, but you cannot transfer a call that you've picked up from a
queue...  you get

Apr 21 15:26:27 DEBUG[12947]: Async goto not applicable on call 5

if (iaxs[fr.callno]->owner && iaxs[fr.callno]->owner->bridge &&
ies.called_number)
{
  Do some transfer stuff
}
else
{
  error
}

iaxs[fr.callno]->owner->bridge is NULL... so it fails. this variable
represents who we're talking to -- who we're bridged to.  It's NULL when the
call came from a queue.

-A.