[Asterisk-Dev] Unloading chan_zap still hangs on to kernel mod

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Apr 20 15:32:05 MST 2005

OK. I fought with this all day and was getting ready to reboot the machine.
I did a "unload chan_zap.so" and everything unloaded successfuly.

[root at asterisk root]# lsmod
wct1xxp                13856   0
zaptel                182464   4  [wct1xxp]

?? If everything unloaded fine, why is zaptel still holding onto 4 usages?

All day long, I did "lsmod" and the usage went from 4 to 6 to 4 then 12 and
8..on and on. Never went to 0.

But then, it dawned on me. "Lets halt asterisk." Did that and the usage
dropped to 0!

What could (and how could I find out) be holding onto the kernel module like
that? That can't be good.

-Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.