[Asterisk-Dev] Identifying associated channel in rtp.c

Alf Thomas Nilsen a-t-n at online.no
Wed Apr 20 11:46:41 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin P. Fleming
Sent: 20. april 2005 15:59
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Identifying associated channel in rtp.c

>Then you need to modify the channel drivers to read your desired
>variable and pass the value into rtp.c somehow so that this code can use
>it as the input to ast_smoother_new().

I was able to parse the variable as wanted but started getting segmentation
faults when placing a call. I'll have a look into it tomorrow.

>Asterisk is an open-source project; the documentation that exists is
>what has been created by the community. Many of us would be happy if
>there was a "functional diagram of Asterisk", except that it would be a
>maintenance burden like all other documentation :-) As with all
>open-source projects, the true documentation is the code itself, and if
>you have taken on a project that requires you understand the code but
>you don't have the ability/skills to do that, you have some significant
>obstacles to overcome.

I see. I'll just have to learn the hard way then :) It's a bit more work,
but generally more rewarding. Thank you very much for your input :)

Best regards,
Alf Thomas Nilsen