[Asterisk-Dev] Identifying associated channel in rtp.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 19 08:58:01 MST 2005

Alf Thomas Nilsen wrote:
> So if I'd like to do a quick and dirty modification I could modify the
> ast_rtp_write() method to take a third parameter (the retrieved variable),
> and retrieve the variable from within sip_write() by calling:

If you do this in ast_rtp_write(), you'll be looking up and parsing the
value of this variable for every single packet that is sent to the peer.
Is that actually necessary?

More likely you could look it up one time in sip_call() or something
similar, and then store the value in the rtp internal structure for
future use during the call.