[Asterisk-Dev] Want to use Asterisk instead of existing Meridian Norstar system ... need some help

Imran imran at netwave.ca
Mon Apr 18 21:09:25 MST 2005

Hello:

I want to replace our Meridian system (6 incoming lines) with * for obvious
reasons such as Voip but I am not sure how to go about this.  I have 6
incoming lines with a rollover so that only one main number is published. I
understand that I will need 6 FXO ports coming into Asterisk but I am not
sure how to handle connections going out of * (the connections that my
existing phones will use) … how many FXS ports will I need????

1.	Can I use my existing Meridian phones (6 line ones)
2.	Do I need 1 FXS port for each extensions in the offices (there are
currently 12 meridian phones)
3.	How should the extension jacks in the offices be wired … I guess
this will depend on the answer to # 2 above.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Imran