[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail option parsing

Stephan A. Edelman sedelman at newace.com
Fri Apr 15 10:52:21 MST 2005

Hello,

I need to add alpha pager support to the voicemail notification of *.
When someone leaves a voicemail message in a particular user's mailbox,
I want * to page that user and provide the same information that it
sends in the e-mail notification (i.e., who the voicemail message was
from, duration, etc.)

I looked at using the "externnotify" option and call Hylafax's SNPP
client, but the externnotify is global to the context and isn't called
with the particulars (CID, etc.) that I need. I also want to configure
it on a mailbox-by-mailbox basis.

I looked at the voicemail.conf file and thought about adding
"externnotify" as an option, but I'm really not happy about the huge
list of options that are already there.

For example, my existing voicemail.conf:

[default]
4221 => XXXX,Stephan Edelman,stephan at newace.ca,,
tz=eastern|attach=yes|saycid=yes|dialout=fromvm|callback=fromvm|review=y
es|operator=yes|envelope=yes|sayduration=yes|saydurationm=1

I propose we change this to:

[default]
4221 => saemailbox

[saemailbox]
name=Stephan A. Edelman
password=XXXX
email=stephan at newace.ca
tz=eastern
attach=yes
callback=fromvm
review=yes
saycid=yes
externnotify=/usr/sbin/sendpage -q -p sae "*: VM ${VM_MSGNUM} from
${VM_NAME} ${VM_CALLERID}"

This allows per mailbox notification and cleans up the whole option
list. Any comments?

Regards,

Stephan.
-
Stephan A. Edelman, B.Eng.
NewAce Corporation
Toll Free: 1-877-463-9223 x221
International: +1 519 336 4837 x221 (Outside US & Canada)
Fax: +1 519 336 4046
Cell: +1 519 384 9588