[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Loop Detection

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:12:17 MST 2005

Doug,

Last night I attempted exactly what you just described.  I commented
the if { block in chan_sip.c which contains the loop detection code
and tried to place a call.  This caused the Asterisk server to dump
core.

I did a little more research into the subject and found this:

Apparently Asterisk's Call ID behavior is slightly modified if you go
into chan_sip.c and set the variable "pedanticsipchecking" to 1.

This causes Asterisk to not only compare the Call ID of the call but
the TAG= line in the header.

This behavior is more RFC compliant than the default behavior; however
after enabling this and placing a few test calls I seem to get
extremely long delays in establishing the forwarded leg of my calls
and the RTP stream is not being relayed correctly.

I'm currently at a loss.  I am seriously considering replacing this
Asterisk TDM gateway with a Cisco 5350.

-Daniel