[Asterisk-Dev] Proposed MWI support for Endpoints on Different Softswitch

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Apr 15 09:37:22 MST 2005

Adreas,

What I was proposing with the Set/ClearMWI commands was not a direct
trigger for turning on or off MWI on a particular device, but an
in-dialplan method of adding or removing a mailbox= entry to a device.  In
other words a dialplan command that would do the same thing as if you had
edited a sip.conf entry and added (SetMWI) or deleted (ClearMWI) the
mailbox=<vmail-user>@<vmail-context> and then did a sip reload.

I can also see the benefit of having a method to just turn on or turn off
the MWI on a device as well.  Not asking asterisk to scan for any new/old
files, but just basically a switch for the MWI state on a device.  I
believe this is what you are referring to?

Maybe something like:

MWISet(SIP/1234,,e)   ; option e sets the MWI flag on (enabled) for the
indicated device, any user at context data in field 2 is ignored.

MWIClear(SIP/1234,,d) ; option d sets the MWI flag off (disabled) for the
indicated device, any user at context data in field 2 is ignored.

Something like that?

-Chris