[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Apr 15 09:11:00 MST 2005

Robert Jackson wrote:

> Eric Wieling wrote:
>
>> Rich Adamson wrote:
>>
>> There have been extensive discussions of this in the past.  "i" was
>> originally designed for catching invalid things from an IVR.
>>

> OK, but what is the difference between IVR extensions in a context and
> regular extensions in a context?  An IVR simply plays a message and
> pauses before the extension is dialed.  What tells * that a specific
> context really is an IVR, and not a normal context?

Let me put this way.  "i" doesn't work to catch invalid extensions
when a call comes into the dialplan.  It only works AFTER the call has
entered the dialplan, the line is answered, and Asterisk is waiting
for DTMF.  IVR is the most common time this happens.  Background,
WaitExten, etc.  I don't know the EXACT details, since I just let Zap
and the SIP phones handle it when someone dials an invalid extension
(usually by a congestion tone).

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain