[Asterisk-Dev] Realtime Queues

Kristian Nielsen kn at sifira.dk
Fri Apr 15 06:20:38 MST 2005

"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> writes:

> Kristian Nielsen wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to ask if there is any ongoing/previous effort on realtime
> > queues that I should check out before starting?
>
> There is no support for it at this time, and I have not heard of
> anyone working on it.
>
> However, it will have to be 'static' realtime in nearly every case,
> otherwise you will have to record queue-level statistics and such back
> into the database.

Thanks Kevin. It wasn't too difficult to get it to work in the way I
want it to. Basically, each invocation of the `Queue' command causes a
reload from realtime of the queue parameters and member list (without
clearing statistics). This allows things like adding/removing members
and changing queue strategy/timeout etc.

Recording queue-level statistics back into the database could be
interesting, but I will pass on that for now since it is not currently
something we need.

I have filed bug 4037 with a first version of a patch implementing this:

    http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0004037

 - Kristian.

Kristian Nielsen   kn at sifira.dk
Development Manager, Sifira A/S