[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 15 05:22:07 MST 2005

> > > This is the "funky".  You call Hangup and so exten => h is called,
> > > which is matched by _.  Yet another evilness of _.
> >
> > So, if in the above section I remove priority 3, how would one
> > forcibly hang up the extension that called an undefined extension?
> >
> > I've not found a reasonable way to do that.
> >

> You could try something like:
>
> exten => _.,1,GotoIF($[${EXTEN} != h]?10)
> exten => _.,10,Playback(invalid,skip)
> exten => _.,11,Hangup

Okay, I think you're proving the OP point on the hangup and/or "h"
extension. The above _does_ work, however that certainly is a very
convoluted way to cause a simple hangup.

I think the real issue is that hangup and/or the "h" exten have been
around for a long time and many changes have occurred in how the
dialplan is interpreted since then. But, no one has really gone back
to analyze how the hangup should truly function in the current
dialplan environment.