[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 15 05:06:16 MST 2005

> > > This is the "funky".  You call Hangup and so exten => h is called,
> > > which is matched by _.  Yet another evilness of _.
> >
> > So, if in the above section I remove priority 3, how would one
> > forcibly hang up the extension that called an undefined extension?
>
> exten => i,1,...
>
> ??
>
> There should be almost no reason to ever use _.

Okay, I here the words. Now lets try it using positive words instead of
negative ones.

How "should" one handle:

[from-sip]
include => local-extns
include => local-calls
include => bus-dialing  ; 9 plus anything outbound
include => misc-extns
include => outgoing-calls
include => parkedcalls
include => zaptel700
include => livevoip-ld
include => special-3digit
include => no-match
exten => h,1,Hangup

; This section is the Last and handles 'no valid extension'
[no-match]
exten => _.,1,Answer
exten => _.,2,Playback(invalid,skip)
exten => _.,3,Hangup

where none of the includes have a _. except for the "no-match"
catch all? That catch all is simply there to say "hey dummy,
there is no match in the dialplan. Try again."

I want to forcibly "hang up" that caller. What's the correct way
to do that?