[Asterisk-Dev] How to avoid CTL file request for Cisco 7970

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Thu Apr 14 04:09:15 MST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 04:46:29PM +0000, Parfenenok Sergey arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Hi All!
> We buy Cisco 7970 and have a problem. At startup phone requests CTL file
> and hangs with message
> "Updating CTL". Nothing more happens after it. I tried to place dummy
> file with the name
> CTLSEP<mac addr>.tlv to TFTP root directory. Cisco found it and then
> message changed to
> "CTL update failed".  Some people here told that they can succesfuly
> register this phone on Asterisk.

> What can I do to avoid this problem?

First this isn't a -dev worth question, it should have been aimed at
-users.

If that doesn't time out then I think you might be stuffed.
Still try a factory reset of the phone as described in:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803b1451.html#wp1087544

However that said, I don't believe ANYONE has a 7970 working with
asterisk yet, and so might be worth waiting until someone posts a
sucsess report.

Thanks,
Julien
chan_sccp project lead