[Asterisk-Dev] Source Code Management

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Wed Apr 13 09:36:09 MST 2005

Jeff,

Subversion. I don't know how you'd like us to opine on a wiki, so I'll
state it here:

Every requirement listed on that wiki as of now, Subversion has, and
does it fine. It integrates well with CVS and moving from CVS is
facilitated through the simple and easy cvs2svn.

I don't think Subversion integrates directly with Mantis (I could be
wrong), but if its decided to change up the source repository, then
change Mantis. Something on the complexity level of Asterisk really
needs the configuration, features, et al, of Bugzilla. Also, with
Subversion properties, (bugzilla/bugtraq:) you can easily make the two
play nicely together. If the Asterisk developers want to "grow up" from
CVS, I would highly suggest they also look at moving away from Mantis.

Subversion also has the added benefit of being in use by a wide array of
open source projects, and is widely accepted by open source and
commercial developers. Also, since SVN has roots in CVS, most of the
tools available for CVS are available for SVN, which you don't find on
the other SCMs you listed there (TortoiseSVN anyone?).