[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 12 20:28:36 MST 2005

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> For my office we have used subversion. We have been pretty happy with it
> as well. But the reason I suggested we look at arch is that it would be
> really nice to help merge in some of the foreign patch sets into an
> easier to get and maintain branch.

Exactly... one of my goals (I'll post more details in the other thread)
is to allow members of the 'team' to have a public area on a development
server to make their patches available for testing/comments/etc, in a
form that people can easily download and automatically update (without
requiring monitoring a Mantis bug and downloading/applying new patches).
While everyone can do this now by setting up their own CVS/SVN/etc.
public server, that's a lot to ask (and manage) for someone who just
wants to help out with development and bug fixing.