[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Tue Apr 12 11:12:02 MST 2005

 Authors response from his forum:

Violation response

--------

Here is my answer around the hysteric posts on the forum:

First at all, I don't refuse to publish a patch, the avaibility is just
delayed !

Second: I have done a work on all asterisk code, to make this mess work
avoiding the limitation of cygwin api ! I was a hard job do too ! I
spend days and months on it ! No simply a easy compile and so on !

Third: I don't fell me as a stealer ! I'm felling well in my basket !
Unstead complain, feel free to make a donation for the hard *work* I
have done ! And for the fact that a patch will be released to the public
!

Four: i don't sell binary, i sell distributions & services and support !

Why somes geek feel insulted by the fact that i'm asking for donation or
money ! I'm fell in right to do this, and the job is not finished, I
plan hardware and other addons !

Five: I understand, it's frustrating to do not have the code now ! Since
my first works on Asterisk in 2002, I never seen any real port on
windows unless the heavy astwind. It seems that before my publication
that windows port does not interest anybody ! What happend now ?

Six: The web site is online since 03/14. What means these hysteric
reactions ?

So here a declaration that you can consider as official:
AsteriskWin32 patch will be available 05/16/2005.

P.