[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Apr 11 22:29:14 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Derek Smithies wrote:

> Hi,
>  yes/no.
>
>  The question is: has the guy sold product?

The answer is yes. He is selling customized builds of Asterisk for Windows
on his Website, and his forums indicate that customers have purchased his
CDs.

> If he is still developing, but not sold product, then fine.
>   There is no GPL violation.
>
> If he is still developing, and has sold product, then there is a
> possible violation.
>
> You see, suppose he has been required to write Makefiles and configure
> commands to get it to work (but not changed the asterisk source) he is
> not required to release.

Coming from someone who has tried, and failed, I can honestly say that
there is no way that he could abstract all of the changes into external
files without modifiying the source code without modification.

                             KP-216-121-ST