[Asterisk-Dev] Re: IAX2 Spec?

Kenny Shumard kshumard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:30:26 MST 2005

>  it is no fun working from ethereal and reverse engineering Asterisk to
> see how iax2 works.
> Ethereal 0.10.10 has been released, and does a reasonable job of decoding
> iax2 packets. Earlier versions of ethereal would crash when attempting to
> decode some packets.

I thought it was fun...  ; )

I recently wrote a patch for ethereal to bring it reasonably up to
date wrt IAX2 packets. The patch adds support for all the newest
information elements, 3 (I think) message types that were added to IAX
since the last patch to the ethereal dissector, and a few other things
(e.g. translation of causecodes from a number to an English phrase).

I submit the patch to the ethereal-dev mailing list about a week ago
and it was checked in, so you should be able to get it from their svn
repository.  Sorry I don't have a direct URL for the patch. As Russell
mentioned, I don't have very consistent net access and it hasn't been
a priority to put this patch up.

~Kenny Shumard