[Asterisk-Dev] Re: cdr_tds.c and FreeTDS 0.63 broken.

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 11:47:38 MST 2005

In article <7d808d4ae481473eaf43949cac70cf98 at mac.com>,
Brian West <brian.west at mac.com> wrote:
> just an FYI someone needs to fix this... i greped the src for 0.63 and
> it seems either the tarball is hozed or ALOT changed.

I've just looked, and it's the latter: a LOT has changed: structure defs,
typedef names, etc. :-(

It appears that libtds is no longer considered an external API: the only
supported external APIs appear to be dblib, ctlib and ODBC. The developers
appear happy to change anything in libtds so long as they keep dblib,
ctlib and ODBC in step with it. I spotted the following clues to this
when comparing 0.62.1 and 0.63:

a) In the TODO file there is the following comment:

Started in 0.63
- rationalize libtds structure and *_alloc functions

b) The file doc/tds_layer.txt that described the libtds API has been
removed in 0.63.

I think for now, a README.tds file needs to be added to the asterisk/cdr
directory in both HEAD and STABLE, saying that version 0.63 of FreeTDS
is not supported, and that the recommended version is 0.62.1 (which is
what I have been using in production since November).

In fact, I'll go and raise a bug in Mantis saying just that.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield