[Asterisk-Dev] CallerIDName missign in manager events in * 1.0.7 or how to pass parameters using Asterisk like data gateway (proposal)

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Thu Apr 7 06:37:36 MST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Fernando Romo waxed:

8<'s

> If you can comment any idea or guide about it, i appreciate the info...
> and in other side, i can propose to put and extra info field in the
> manager API to handle custom values for aplications, maybe something
> like this:
>
>                  Event: Newchannel
>                  Channel: Agent/1001
>                  State: Up
>                  CallerID: 5585909000
>                  CallerIDName: Foo
>                  Values: Bar           <= This is the proposal
>                  Uniqueid: 1108862578.40

I've got a patch somewhere that adds an "Url:" field to one
of the "Connect" events that could be used to do what you
want, although there are other options.  For example, you
could probably just create different queues with the name
"Bar."  I would caution against using a generic term like
"Values" because that could mean a lot of different things.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester
cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_com