[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

Matt Klein mklein at nmedia.net
Wed Apr 6 19:38:26 MST 2005

Keep in mind that Digium should obey the GPL as should anyone else using
their non-commercial products.

Otherwise, I rip a copy of Asterisk, start selling it as a softswitch with
an implementation of SS7, like other, nooone mentioned here, people are
doing currently, with all of the source closed out.

The specs are open source, Digium modified the open source, the Digium
firmware should be open source. Simple concept.

It has nothing to do with 'buying Digium products'. It's about legalities.
All of the HW makers must open source every aspect of their modifications
if their work is derived from a GPL project.

In short, so am I.. and I do. But, this fact doesn't negate the above.

And blah blah blah.