[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:20:36 MST 2005

 > 2) The idea of an IAX2 trunk-aggregator is interesting.  This is
> probably something that doesn't need a whole x86 linux box -- taking
> multiple IAX2 streams and putting them into trunks is trivial in terms
> of computational requirements..  A small microcontroller or an ARM chip
> is more than enough for this, and would be a neat idea of virtual PBX
> deployments..

Why stop at trunking? Or - why not add in the trunking facility to an
existing COTS product?

I have asterisk running on an adi-coyote derived board (an Xscale 533 Mhz)
(the coyote is described at
http://www.adiengineering.com/productsCoyote.html - our board is
considerably cheaper to manufacture, but the pricetag is still a bit
much unless we could do serious volume with it - inquiries wanted.:))
Runs 16+ sip calls, transcodes (the speex codec even works, tho it
eats about 10% of cpu), I've had it doing iax trunking, no prob....
all on a board  bigger than the iaxy, but smaller than the size of
your hand...

Asterisk is also running on a slug (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/)

and on openwrt...

And I've been trying to get it running on an EP9302 board...

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge