[Asterisk-Dev] Sending the output of Monitor to a TCP port

David Pollak dpp-asterisk at projectsinmotion.com
Mon Apr 4 19:59:26 MST 2005

Guys,

I've got an application where I want to send the audio from a channel to
a socket on another machine.  I want to be able to start this listening
process at any point in a channel's life.  I've been looking at
modifying the Manager's "monitor" code so that the results of a
monitored channel can go to an open FD rather than to an actual file.
The place where I'm getting all tangled up is in ast_filestream.  It
seems that ast_filestream has a set of special purpose fields.  Rather
than adding yet another field or two (a flag for "this is going to a
file descriptor" and the FD itself) I figured I'd ping you all and see
if you had any suggestions on how to achieve my goal without surgery to
ast_filestream.

Thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

PS -- EAGI is not the right answer, although "shoveling" an FD into the
AGI loop is a slightly less preferred answer.