[Asterisk-Dev] make sample vs musiconhold

Tommy McNeely tommy at redneck.nu
Mon Apr 4 16:25:53 MST 2005

I guess what I meant was.. asterisk.conf gets dynamically generated.
Can't all the other config files call stuff like
${astvarlibdir}/whatever ?

Had I manually ripped all components from where they were installed and
put them somewhere myself, I would feel your statement below is
correct. However, since your Makefile (what ever happened to something
like ./configure --prefix=_____ btw?) provides a facility to change the
default installation directory, and seems to carry that change into ONE
of the config files.. they should either be able to reference some sort
of variable (like ${astvarlibdir}) or they should, themselves, be
generated from a template (with sed?) replacing some sort of key (like
%ASTVARLIB% ?) with the variable that is appropriate.

I guess that only beginners would even consider running make samples,
and thats why you don't care about it, but I don't think that makes it
any less of a problem. I would normally not run CVS HEAD on something I
am not familiar with, but alas, I needed something that would work on
Solaris 10 x86.. and minus some "bash" like shell stuff from the
Makefiles (which is easy enough to work around with SHELL=/bin/bash),
and some non POSIX-compliant options on install, sed, grep, and company
(which is easy enough to work around with various software from
/usr/sfw or /opt/sfw (companion CD))... I think this works nicely on
S10x.

Tommy